As bloggers, one of the things we desire so much is to have our articles shared across social media platforms, linked to and talked about by our readers. Social medial sharing has a huge SEO impact on your article so you will not want to overlook it.
Now, almost every blog you read these days has some social media set of buttons at the top or bottom or left of every article. This is surely true of your own blog. As a matter of fact, these are some of the most important objects capable of changing your blog’s traffic story within an unnoticed space of time.
While this is producing astonishing results on some blogs, many other bloggers are wondering why it seems not working on their own ‘beautiful’ blogs. I want to share with you some few reasons why your visitors leave your blog without doing you that precious sharing favor.
- They don’t agree with your point
If you are not sharing some “How Tos”, you may just be trying to make a point on some subject and often, you don’t get everyone to agree with you. As long as our finger prints are different, we are surely never going to agree on every subject. That’s why sometimes while you think you have provided the ‘killer content’, you end up getting shocked at how no one even drops a comment or hits the share buttons. The differences in opinions are some of the reasons some visitors simply close your page without any action. Do you think there is any solution to this?
- They don’t like your article
There are tons of reasons why different readers may not like your article or completely hate your blog:
- Your post is too long and makes no sense
- Your post is too short and lacks insight
- Poor grammar
- You have written for Search Engins
- You are addressing an outdated subject
- Your design/theme is horrible
- Your blog takes 1 hour to load
- You have ads everywhere on your blog
- You sound like a robot
- You simply copied someone’s content
- You are full of yourself
None is perfect though and there is no way you can guarantee everyone will like and share your content. However, just endeavor to bring out the best in you. That will certainly get some good results across.
- You don’t share others’ articles:
As a blogger, there is no way you can succeed as an island. Success in this activity is about hooking up with others. You must show interest in the growth of others. The more you share their contents, the more you get noticed and the more yours get shared. You must belong to a community of like-minded bloggers who hold each others’ hand. Scratch my back, I scratch your own! If you are not actively sharing and promoting others, expect very less from them too.
- They forget to share:
Our brains are volatile. We are not machines. That means we can forget just the next minute after we are told something. Don’t just assume that all your readers will remember to share your article. It’s important you remember to ask for the favor. “Ask and you shall receive”
- You don’t have the right social buttons:
There are lots of social media plugins out there but that doesn’t mean you should go and grab anything. If you find something that works well on a fellow blogger’s blog, why not ask him? Some of these plugins are poorly coded and incompatible. Be sure to have what works for your blog. It’s a pity that readers don’t share your articles because your sharing buttons suck.
- Deception in your article title:
This is a horrible sin punishable by quitting your blog the next second and never to return. Who fooled you into doing this? That’s the shortcut to killing your blog. Your title must summarize what your content says. If you carefully curl your title to only attract clicks to unrelated material, you are carefully digging a deep pit for your dear blog. No one ever shares such misleading articles.
- People care about their follows:
It takes long for people to build their follower-base and establish a healthy relationship with those in their networks. They must be careful not to ruin this relationship by sharing some messed up articles.
Now, I’d like you to do two things for me. I’ll really appreciate it!
- I have social media buttons just below this post. Use them to share this article with your friends. I’m sure they will appreciate reading it too.
- There are two comment boxes below: Facebook and CommentLuv. I’ll be so excited to read your comment on this. Drop your own contribution. Thank you for your comment
You Might Also Like
- How to Increase Facebook Likes – Organic Tips
- What is the Purpose of Your Blog? Why Your Answer Matters A Lot!
- MUST SEE: Kingged.com Gets Your Post Read By CNN, Mashable, HuffingtonPost, & Ot
- 7 Blogs Every Serious Content Marketer Must Read!
- 3 Key Things To Keep In Mind When Guest Blogging
- Let Kingged.com Help Your Blog Make Money… With Ease!