I have been hosting with Hostgator (HG) since 2008. My story with this well-known top web hosting institution is what I want to share with you in this post.
Before Hostgator, My very first attempt at hosting a website was with UCVHOST, an Indian based web hosting company that fed me with buckets of unresolved recurring technical breakdowns. Well, I guess that was in their early days. If they are still in business today, I want to think they have gone through recruiting more qualified staffs.
One of the web hosts I tried my hands on was 1&1. I hosted a couple of websites and registered over 300 domain names with them. My major concern with 1&1 is customer service and very heavy-to-load customized webmail and control panel. After going through several other hosts that I cannot mention here, 1and1 was the last step before Hostgator.
NB: If you are offering any product/service and your customer service is below tolerance, then you are out for a loss.
Since moving my sites to Hostgator in 2008, I have had to grow my business big time. I moved on to buying a re-seller account which I later on upgraded to a dedicated server for my local webhosting business.
It’s been with ease the management of my re-seller account, dedicated server and shared accounts. I know these are some common features found almost with any good web host. However, a few factors make Hostgator stand out:
Server stability and up-time
These are some of the factors you should pay close attention to when looking for a satisfying web host. Your online business, blog or e-commerce shop is crucial that you won’t want to trust it in the wrong hands.
My clients (hosted on the re-seller account and dedicated server) have had satisfaction throughout. My numerous sites on the shared accounts have never had 1 hour or more downtime. None of the sites in my control have ever had any prolonged slowness.
I think Hostgator server stability and up -time have won my trust.
Pictures courtesy Adam Dunin.
Now, this is one element in business that carries a lot of importance. I like the experience with Hostgator. There are three things that keep me satisfied with their customer service:
- Rapidity with which an issue is resolved. The live chat is an excellent tool. I often don’t send mails to their support department. Some little issues that arise are often resolved almost instantly on chat.
- Support staff qualification: I think Hostgator has got a plus on recruiting qualified support staff. In some cases, (else where) you’ll find your case escalated from one support staff to the other. You may end up not having a solution.With HG, I have often gotten my issues resolved by not more than 1 support staff.
- Coming from a different host? That’s still not a problem with Hostgator. They have a completely free migration service. I have had many sites moved from other hosts to them freely. This is a service charged by some other hosts. HG does it quick and helps you manage the whole process with no down time.
Does it mean I have not had any problems for the past 5 years with HG ?
There is no way you can think there is never been problems. The difference comes in how the problems are handled. I have had some little issues but how soon these get solved makes me think they are not really a concern.
Most often, some of these problems, like the famous 500 Internal Server Error are not tied to HG alone. The 500 Internal Server Error is a common issue on most shared servers as a result of over usage of shared resources.
One of the things that attracted me to HG in the very beginning was the free $100 Google Adword Code they offer. They have not specifically told us that this code is tied to some specific countries (US,Canada) so I got somehow embarrassed when I was unable to use it from my country. Well, does that really count as a point against them?
My 5 year satisfaction level with this top web host can be rated at over 95% given the number of accounts and sites that I have hosted with them. Based on my experience and satisfaction, I can quickly recommend them as one of the best web host we have today. For WordPress bloggers, look no further.
Give Hostgator a try
If you’re having issues with your current host and looking for an alternative or you just want to host your new website (or even want a dedicated server), give HG a try. You have a solid 45 day money back guarantee. That means if you are not satisfied within 45 days of your order, just ask for a refund. You get back your money without questions asked.
Get 25% off your purchase.
Use this special coupon code: EMFASTINCOME
Let me help you set up your blog
After placing an order with the coupon code above, I can help you set up your blog free. Check this post for details how to get it done.
Say something …
Have you been hosting with HG? What’s your satisfaction rate?
You Might Also Like
- 5 Ways To Make Money Online – You Haven’t Tried #4!
- How to Increase Facebook Likes – Organic Tips
- How To Blog – 6 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging
- Why Blogging Is Bad For You – Shocking Truths Revealed!
- See How Easily You Can Wine and Dine with Influential Bloggers!