In recent times, I have read tons of blog articles with a lot of interest and satisfaction. That notwithstanding, most bloggers are being driven off the pitch by their very own desire to produce what they call ‘killer content’. I get often very pissed off when I read an article in my niche that is written with lots of jaw-breaking and uncommon terms. If you want your readers to understand you, why not be as simple as possible? Why not Keep It Simple? (KIS)
Killer Content is not jaw-breaking terms
You must be able to write in simple and understandable language. Avoid using hard terms and long sentences. These only go a long way to confuse the reader and keep him annoyed. We did not go to the same university! If you want me to read your article, share and comment it, you must write in common words. I’m not interested in your use of crazy terms
Killer content is not very long posts.
It’s crazy how some bloggers think it’s being long that brings results. I’m not against long posts though. Don’t get me wrong! However, I have seen a lot of repeated phrases in many blog posts. That makes it so boring. If you don’t have enough fresh content for a long post, keep it short and sweet. Killer content must not be long. You are simply killing your blog.
Killer content is not writing for search engine
Some bloggers still don’t get it! There is so much out there about SEO optimization but most people read it from the bottom. That makes it difficult for them to understand. Don’t get obsessed about SEO. If the perfect onpage SEO measure is not up to 5% of your article, why risk 95% that’s meant for human readers who click the links and place the orders?
Don’t get me wrong on this point! I love SEO and encourage it under 5%. what I’m driving home is if you want to write killer content, write it for humans first.
3 components of killer content that does not kill
Killer content is content that gets people to take the action you want. It does it without tricks, lies or false promises. These are the three properties that make up killer content:
- Information: The content must be informative providing details aimed at clearing every iota of doubt in the mind of the reader.
- Relevance: The reader must find the content addressing the right issue with precision.
- Satisfaction: The reader must find satisfaction at the end of reading your content.
Taking the Action!
This is the crown of every killer content. If the reader fails to take action, then the content is a waste. There are different types of actions:
- Subscription to list
- Purchase of item
- Leaving a comment
- Sharing to Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Linking to the article
- Talking about the article
You Might Also Like
- How to Increase Facebook Likes – Organic Tips
- 5 Ways To Make Money Online – You Haven’t Tried #4!
- How To Blog – 6 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging
- What Is The Best Time To Monetize Your Blog?
- Kingged.com Review: Why You Want To Be Active On Kingged.com