Allowing your readers to be able to comment on your blog is a strong way to encourage engagement and build relationships. One of the ways to kill your blog is disable comments. While blog commenting is a way to allow your readers interact with you and other readers through your blog, it is another way to get more sign ups to your list and generate more sales. Before looking at how to monetize your commentators, let’s quickly see how you can encourage your readers to leave comments on your articles.
Use the right plugin: CommentLuv Premium
Oh yes! You must be able to reward your readers for commenting. CommentLuv is a great way to encourage readers to leave comments. This plugin helps me generate backlinks and traffic to my commentators’ blogs. This way, I reward them for leaving comments on my blog. I’m one of those who will always comment on CL enabled blogs too.
Avoid captcha headache
Captchas may be good ways to stop spammers from messing around your blog but sincerely, this goes a long way to reduce the number of comments you get. I get sometimes pissed with having to try to figure out the letters twisted and printed on that image. I’m sure I’m not the only one facing this barrier. GASP is one heaven of a good spam fighter.
Write for your readers
While SEO is key factor in blogging, you must write to your human visitors first. Bot visitors or SE spiders will need just about 1 to 5% of your articles to be able to properly understand and index them. Too much unnecessary keyword stuffing will only end up kicking your readers away and getting Google and his friends annoyed with your blog.
Throw it back to them
Try as much as possible to be conversational in your writing. Asking for your readers’ opinions (what they think) is pretty good strategy to cause them to say something.
Reply to their comments
Replying to your readers is a way to make them feel recognized and encouraged to come back and leave more comments. Stop saying things like “Thanks for stopping by” or “Thanks for your comment” Be personal and detailed in your replies. Let them know they have added value to your blog
How to monetize blog commentators
- Install a “thank me” plugin
A ‘thank me’ plugin will send a customized mail to their emails once their comments get approved. One commonly used plugin is the free Thank Me Laterplugin.
- Get an irresistible product
Make sure you don’t promote the wrong product to the right market. Know your readers and offer them what you are sure they will buy.
- Give them irresistible discounts
This is a strong principle in both offline and online marketing. People generally want to get things cheaper. If your product/service is normally $47, they will quickly jump on it if you give a 50%, 60% or 75% discount. This will be quite flexible and profitable if you promote your own product
But be careful!
Some visitors will always comment severally on your blog. You will not want to send them this promotional mail each time they leave a comment. That might get them annoyed. If you chose to use Thank Me Later, this plugin is fully customizable. Make sure to limit the number of mails you send to each commentator.
What do you think about this method? Leave a comment below and see what I’m offering you
You Might Also Like
- 6 Action Steps To Online Success With Free Traffic Strategies
- 3 Truths To Understanding Successful Internet Marketing
- See How Easily You Can Wine and Dine with Influential Bloggers!
- How to Increase Facebook Likes – Organic Tips
- UNPRECEDENTED: Kingged.com Gets Your Post Read By CNN, Mashable, HuffingtonPost, & Other Big Sites’ Readers!
- What is the Purpose of Your Blog? Why Your Answer Matters A Lot!
- Invest $1,000 In Kingged.com, Get Paid $1,300 [30% ROI]… Without Doing Anything Else
- 4 Reasons why Kingged.com is a Boon for Bloggers
- Let Kingged.com Help Your Blog Make Money… With Ease!
- 7 Tips for Blogging Success – #6 Is Often Ignored By Everyone
- 5 Reasons Why Blogging is a Great Internet Marketing Tool
- [Kingged Will Help] What Do You Want at 20% – 100% discount?