Make money blogging or generate income from a blog is one of the top things I hear and read every where these days. A lot of newbie bloggers especially those who are blogging to make money get so obsessed about it but as soon as they start facing the realities of it, they quit. A countless number who started from the bottom abandoned and took an oath never to try it again. Their conclusion is that it’s difficult or impossible. If you are already in this fix, forget about quitting and read this article.
There are tons of blog posts out there on how to make money blogging and how to generate income from a blog. Most of them are a repetition of what you have read somewhere. Nevertheless, a few of them have gone the extra miles to tell you what you really need to hear about generating income from a blog. While many know how to start blogging, they are yet to generate a cent from their blogs. One question I often here is how do blogs make money? Now let me be frank with you and face the facts.
It is not easy to make money blogging!
I have been blogging since 21 August 2012 and in fact, I want to make money blogging. Though I have generated some income, I can boldly tell you the journey is not for the lazy. It’s not about grabbing content and publishing on your blog everyday either. There is more to that. Gone are those days when the money used to come with a few clicks. These days, a lot has got into the process.
Note that in this post, I’m not telling you the different ways to monetize your blog. I just want to discuss two factors that will make these ways more effective and help you really make money blogging.
What we are told to do in order to generate income from a blog!
Killer contents : Make an effort to search the net on how to make money blogging. Without going far, you’ll find more than enough material that tells you to write killer contents. That’s true! But we have many bloggers providing exceptionally good contents on their blogs today and still run around with empty bank accounts. There is really a missing link.
Social Proof : Have you heard this before? You need to have huge numbers (Facebook fans, Twitter followers, google+) and the lowest Alexa number ever. Yes, that’s true and this works perfectly if you really want to make money blogging. It’s absolutely unavoidable except you want to settle for Adsense drops.
However, things are changing as most advertisers know these figures could be fake. It’s possible to buy fake Facebook fans, fake Twitter Followers. You can also fake your Alexa figures. Everything can be twisted and forged. So where is the place of social proofs?
Do you really want to make money blogging from home? Here are 2 Keys!
1 – Time & hard work
Did you expect this? This is the first thing you should be told. You need time and hard work to generate income from a blog. You should not be fooled. It does not come overnight. The more you work hard, the earlier the possibility to make money from your blog. Don’t just jump into it thinking you’ll be a millionaire the next day. It’s not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. You need to burn your fingers everyday doing research on article ideas, SEO and other promotion avenues. Time is a necessity.
2 – Prove your social proofs
You cannot fool your advertisers twice. If you have fake social proofs, be sure to face your failure so soon. They may buy ad space once and if they don’t get good results, they are gone for good. Want to really make money blogging? Prove what your figures say. It’s really of no use having huge numbers when you cannot drive traffic.
How to prove your social proofs!
Here is how to let your advertisers know your social proof figures are authentic. Mind you! They are going to find out.
- Use your real pictures on social media: One of the craziest thing people do on Twitter or Facebook is get some unrelated, unidentified picture for their profile image. That’s really working against your growth. People want to connect with people not “things”. You want to make money blogging? Why not be real? If you move to a nearby shop, the least you expect is to meet someone to talk to not “things”
- Tweet like a human being and tweet reasonably: The simple truth is that advertisers are going to visit your social media profiles and from the quality of your tweets and posts, they’ll make their conclusions.
- Retweets, Comments, Shares and Likes: These are all ways your followers and fans engage with your updates on social media. The more the retweets, shares, likes and comments from real followers, the more authentic the proof.
- Complete your social media profiles: Write clear and clean description and use your blog URL on your social media profiles. Avoid using spammy text and urls.
- Twitter profile background and Facebook/Google+ cover images: There are tons of free backgrounds and images out there but a lot of them are opposing your success. Get personalized backgrounds and covers. Why not get your addresses and phone numbers printed on them?
- Testimonials: Get verifiable testimonials from real and influential figures. Avoid faking testimonials or hiring from Fiverr or elsewhere. Get text or video testimonials from people who have actually engaged with you.
- Klout score: Klout score is the measurement of how influential you are across social media networks. Here is a post by my good friend Wade Harman on “What is my klout score…” I recommend you check that out.
I know you are reading this post because you want to make money blogging. Work hard and give yourself the required time and prove your social proof. Stay away from faking the figures. You’ll soon find out how exciting it is to generate income from a blog.
Do you think you can make money blogging? Are your social proof figures real? Comment below and share the post on social media. I’ll be thankful.
You Might Also Like
- Kingged.com Review: Why You Want To Be Active On Kingged.com
- How To Blog – 6 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging
- How to Increase Facebook Likes – Organic Tips
- 5 Ways To Make Money Online – You Haven’t Tried #4!
- What Is The Best Time To Monetize Your Blog?