Traffic is one of the main things bloggers and website owners constantly need. There are many free and paid sources of traffic but I just want to discuss one here. After considering and testing this ultimate traffic source which you may probably have known and neglected, I’m tempted to say that the problem of getting traffic to your blog is gradually melting away . I want us to discuss this together and see how we can make good use of this traffic strategy to pull traffic to our sites.
Now, if you ever run a Giveaway Contest on your blog, you will without any doubt agree with me that this is a no-joke traffic monster. Giveaway Contest is a type of marketing promotion where the winners go away with the tagged prizes. If you neglected giveaway contests or don’t even know what that is, pay attention because we are discussing an ultimate traffic source that will surely help you build a popular blog.
Giveaway contest tools
While the may be hundreds of tools out there, I can only recommend what I have used. I’m not also reviewing Rafflecopter and Punchtab so I’ll not be giving some expected details, similarities and differences. I’m recommending these tools based on my past experience, their user-friendliness and social media options. In any case, if you have some money to spend for more cool features, you will have to take a closer look at PunchTab. So that’s it about the tools you need.
How to get traffic from giveaway contests
Using the tools I have mentioned above, there are 5 ways contestants will drive traffic to your blog. What actually happens is that they will have to do the following tasks to be registered in the contest and have a chance to win the prize. Each of these tasks will earn them points and that builds up to improve their chances of winning:
- Tweet the contest: As simple as it says, contestants will tweet the giveaway to their followers. This pulls in more traffic and participation from Twitter.
- Follow you on Twitter: Now this is important and will build a constant source of traffic. You know how you stand to benefit from having a huge following on Twitter. You can always tweet your new posts and keep getting traffic to your blog.
- Like your Facebook page: This is one of the hottest things on the social media landscape today. Some social media users even go as far as buying fake Facebook likes. They are either ignorant or they have their reasons. But if you want real likes, organize and run a giveaway contest with any of the tools above.
- Social media sharing: With PunchTab, all the contestants are generated a special link. Now, they are awarded more points if they drive traffic to the contest page using their referral links. They will therefore post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc to earn those points while driving traffic to your blog post.
- Post on their blogs about the giveaway: Whether you like it or not, this will bring you more traffic. This is not always an easy task for contestants. However, there are a couple of things you can do to make things lighter for them :
- Give higher points to this task
- Provide a sample article for them to cut to their taste before posting on their blogs
- Make an offer or incentive that’s only available to contestants who post about the contest on their blogs.
- Use your brain
4 ways to make your contest very popular
- Offer a remarkably attractive and irresistible prize. This is the first key to open the door of popularity for your contest. While digital products are common prizes, I can propose you go in for tangible products like mobile phones, laptops or direct Paypal cash. If your prize is just an ebook or a wordpress plugin, you are in other words reducing the chances of going very popular. While some visitors will simply tell you they already got that ebook or that plugin, no one will complain for having more than one laptop or mobile phone or too much money in their Paypal account. So the more attractive the prize, the more popular the contest.
- Make it easy to participate: One of the reasons some contest get very sluggish participation is a very long list of tasks. If your contestants will have to like 15+ pages, follow 10+ twitter account, etc I can already see you shooting your progress with a gun. Keep the list of tasks as short as possible. This will encourage more participation and more sharing.
- Join hands with other bloggers: You may not be able to raise enough to purchase the latest iPhone 5 or get something even more attractive as prize. A good idea is to invite one or two blogging friends. The only issue here is the temptation to create a long list of tasks. However, if you guys get an important prize, the long list might not really be an issue.
- Submit your giveaway to blogs: There are many blogs devoted to listing giveaways. I have seen some people succeed with Contestlisting and Online-sweepstakes. The more blogs or directories you submit to, the more popularity you get.
Giveaway Contest is an ultimate source of traffic. Well organized, your blog will start receiving traffic and popularity. The number of entrants that will stick to your blog after the contest will be as a function of the value of your blog.
Now, I said above that we are discussing this together so share your own thoughts in the comment box below. I’m eager to read your comments.